Nautilus PPE Half Face Mask
R150.00 incl VAT
- High quality re-usable face mask
- Affordable, comfortable, durable
- Easy to clean & disinfect (dishwasher safe)
- Filters inhaled & exhaled air
- Excellent face seal
- Make your own filter replacements
Got questions? Email us now
Get the ultimate re-usable face mask
The Nautilus is a high-quality, re-usable Face Mask designed for the Public / Civilian as an alternative to poor-fitting, disposable surgical masks or makeshift items such as scarves, buffs and homemade fabric filters. The intention is to provide protection while also freeing up medical N95 masks for front-line medical staff.
What are the features of this face mask?
Comfortable, durable & re-usable.
Easy to clean & disinfect (dishwasher safe)
Filters inhaled & exhaled air
Protects the wearer and those around them
3 points of protection;
Excellent face seal prevents inhalation/exhalation of unfiltered air.
Moisture droplet separator - Centrifugal Particle Separator technology helps prevent moisture droplets from passing into wearer’s respiratory tract.
Textile filter - secondary process of filtration through common household Cotton Pads which can be replaced on a daily basis.
Note: This filter is not certified at this stage
Affordable to buy and also uses inexpensive filter refill replacements;
Cotton wool pads.
Discs cut from suitable household fabrics (small, washable & reusable).
FDA Approved Injection Moulded T.P.E. (Thermoplastic Elastomer) Oral-Nasal Skirt..
What are the benefits of the face mask?
- It helps to prevent the spread of Covid19
- Get better protection from the virus
- It is re-usable, you only need this one mask
- It is durable, it will last for a long time
- Save money in the long-run since you don't need to keep buying more masks
Why the need for a face mask?
We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, the CDC recommends wearing face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the mask reusable? How many times can I use it?
The Sola Nautilus is made using high quality polymers and elastomers that should provide years of service if cared for properly. Only the filter pad needs cleaning or replacing on a regular basis.
Is this a medically certified device?
The Sola Nautilus is not certified at this stage.
Does this device have an N95 or FFP1/FFP2 rating?
The Sola Nautilus does not have a rating at this stage, the manufacturers are working towards this.
Does the mask come in different sizes and does it fit kids?
The Sola Nautilus is ‘one-size-fits-most’ and is suitable for most adults and older teens. We are looking into the possibility of a smaller model for kids.
Does the mask use FDA approved materials?
Yes, the materials used for the skirt and filter casing of the Sola Nautilus are FDA approved.
How do you wash the mask?
You can wash it in hot water (40°C to 50°C / 104°F to 122°F) with a mild detergent for two minutes, followed by a warm, fresh-water rinse. Alternatively, you can put it into the dishwasher on a 50°C / 122°F cycle.
Where can I purchase a large quantity of masks from?
Contact us for orders of 1000 or more.
When will the mask be in stores and available?
We will start shipping early in May 2020, however we do anticipate that initial production runs will be oversubscribed. There will be significantly more masks available towards the end of May.
What can be used as filter material in the Nautilus Filter?
There are many possible options for filters for the Sola Nautilus, each with differing levels of cost, availability and efficacy. Most experts agree that something is better than nothing and that even a basic option can provide some protection against the inhalation and/or exhalation of moisture droplets.
Category 1: Non-certified filters
- The easiest solution is disposable cotton pads available from most supermarkets and pharmacies. They are inexpensive and easily available and, when used with the Sola Nautilus mask, can do a good job of stopping moisture droplets.
- Fabric – Any fabric recommended by Government agencies for use in fabric masks can make a good filter material. t is best to do some research online, but the general recommendations based on numerous studies and advisors are that multiple layers are better than a single layer and a tighter weave is better than a looser weave. If you hold the fabric up to the light, the less light it lets through, the better, however, it is important that the filter still lets through air easily enough to maintain easy breathing. Some possible options that have been suggested are cotton T-shirt fabric (3 layers), cotton flannel or spun-woven polyester or polypropylene.
Category 2: Certified filters
- FFP / N95: The manufacturers are looking into the possibility of certified FFP or N95 rated filter pads however these are not available at this time.
- Medical Viral Filters: For medical teams that have access to certified viral filters using a standard 22mm connector, you can remove the Nautilus front cover and rings and press-fit the viral filter straight into the 22mm female port.
|Dimensions||20 × 7 × 20 cm|
Black, Blue, Pink, Turquoise